With the dashboard ready, you can start designing a dashboard to personalise and organise it for a cleaner and more legible look.
You can move your charts and text boxes by simply clicking on them and then dragging them anywhere within the dashboard. Organize your dashboard items accordingly to improve readability.
You can also resize your dashboard items using their bottom right corner handles. Click and drag the handle to resize and adjust your charts and text boxes.
Text Box provides a space for you to display plain text in your dashboard. This is a great tool to illustrate the logic of metrics calculation, add introduction text to the dashboard, add notes to correlate your charts, and more. To add a text box:
- Click on
Add a mediabox on the top right hand-side of the screen.
Text. A text box will appear on your dashboard. You can edit its position and size similar to charts, by dragging on their respective bottom-right handles.
Dashboard items each have a submenu that pops up on their top right corners upon hovering your mouse on them. One of the submenu items is the Visualisation options, which is used for modifying dashboard item attributes, such as its Display, Axes, and Labels. To use the Visualization option:
- Hover your mouse over your desired chart or text box. The submenu will pop up on the top right corner of this chart or text box.
- Click on the
- Pop-up settings will appear. You can set how you want your chart or text box to be presented in your dashboard with settings including
- Scroll down and make sure you click Done once finished with your settings to save any changes.
Filters can be added to our dashboards to allow for a wider range of applications, as well as to avoid any repetitive work.
To set up filters on a new dashboard:
- Create a dashboard without any filter.
Dashboard items can have filters individually, but for more complex applications, it is more practical to just create a dashboard filter that is applied to the items inside of it. You can then set which item you want to associate with the dashboard filter. If the charts you selected already have filters on them, you can delete the filters manually. To delete filters:
Step 1: Click on
Step 2: Under
Filter, click on the x mark on your unwanted filters.
Step 3: Make sure you
Save to keep any changes made.
- For multiple charts, you can add a filter linkage. Click on
add a filteron the top right corner, and select the type of filter you would like. You can choose
Other Categories. For the purpose of this example, we will select
- Select the type of filter. In this case, we will use
Month and Year. You will be provided with different options for each filter as well.
- Select the chart you want to associate with the drop-down filters on each chart, then set your
Default Valueas needed before clicking
Doneto finalize your settings.
You can also remove existing filters. To remove filters:
- Click on the filter name on the top left corner of your screen under your dashboard name.
The image above shows where the filter name is in your dashboard.
- Click on the
Removebutton on the right hand-side of the screen under
Settings. Don’t forget to click
Doneto save your settings.
Updated about 1 year ago